Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorStoica, Ruxandra-Iulia
dc.contributor.authorStewart, Margaret
dc.date.accessioned2015-04-23T10:11:05Z
dc.date.available2015-04-23T10:11:05Z
dc.date.issued2012
dc.identifier.isbn9781904443513
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1842/10067
dc.description.abstractThe Edinburgh Cast Collection comprises 265 plaster casts of Antique, Renaissance, and Gothic statues, bas reliefs, and architectural passages held at the Edinburgh College of Art and the University of Edinburgh. The plaster casts at the Edinburgh College of Art are displayed in an A-listed building, including a beautiful neo-Classical sculpture court specifically designed to house our casts of the Parthenon frieze – works donated directly by Lord Elgin especially for the education of artists in Scotland. The casts at the University of Edinburgh were acquired at the end of the 19th century as a teaching collection to illustrate Classical art history.en
dc.language.isoenen
dc.publisherThe University of Edinburghen
dc.subjectEdinburgh College of Arten
dc.subjectarchitectureen
dc.subjectmuseums and collectionsen
dc.subjectclassicalen
dc.subjectrenaissanceen
dc.subjectbaroqueen
dc.titleEdinburgh College of Art : cast collection and architectureen
dc.typeOtheren


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record