Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorMacdonald, Alastair A
dc.contributor.authorWarwick, Colin M
dc.contributor.authorJohnston, W T
dc.date.accessioned2008-05-13T12:40:24Z
dc.date.available2008-05-13T12:40:24Z
dc.date.issued2005
dc.identifier.citationMacdonald, A.A., Warwick, C.M. & Johnston, W.T., 2005. Locating veterinary education in Edinburgh in the 19th century. Book of the Old Edinburgh Club, New Series Vol 6, 2005, 41-71en
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1842/2199
dc.descriptionThe University of Edinburgh has been authorised to reproduce and distribute reprints and on-line copies for their purposes notwithstanding any copyright annotation hereon.en
dc.description.abstractSeveral accounts of the history of veterinary education in Edinburgh have been published during the last two centuries, most written specifically for the profession. It is not generally well known that that three veterinary colleges were founded during the nineteenth century, by William Dick, John Gamgee and William Williams. Where and when these enterprises were located in the city has been lost from memory. It has been forgotten that discussion of the need for veterinary education began in Edinburgh during the enlightenment years of the eighteenth century.en
dc.format.extent7410928 bytes
dc.format.mimetypeapplication/pdf
dc.language.isoenen
dc.publisherThe Old Edinburgh Cluben
dc.subjectVeterinary Medicineen
dc.subjectHistoryen
dc.subjectEdinburghen
dc.titleLocating veterinary education in Edinburgh in the 19th centuryen
dc.typeBook Chapteren


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record