|dc.contributor.author||Moir, Alexander R. M.||en
|dc.description.abstract||1. Severe Diphtheria occurs, and exacts its toll of human life
2. The idea of a new Therapeutic Agent was conceived in the
nature of a Gravis Diphtheria Anti-bacterial Serum.
3. The outline of preparation and standardisation of Gravis
Diphtheria Anti-bacterial Serum is described.
4. The attempt at experimental evaluation of the Therapeutic
Serum was carried out in animals.
5. The results of the treatment of 35 severe cases of Gravis
Diphtheria, with Gravis Anti-bacterial Serum, are compared
with the results in 40 cases of similar type and severity,
which were treated without Anti-bacterial Serum.
6. The results of the treatment of 6 cases of severe Diphtheria,
due to the Intermediate type of Diphtheria organism, with
Gravis Anti-bacterial Serum, are compared with 5 similar
cases which were treated without Anti-bacterial Serum.
7. The results of treatment of 3 complicated cases of Gravis
Diphtheria with Anti-bacterial Serum, are compared with
3 similar cases which were treated without Anti-bacterial
8. The results of treatment of 3 severe cases of Diphtheria,
due to Atypical Gravis organisms, which were treated with
Anti-bacterial Seram, are described.
9. The course of the disease was not modified in any way by
the administration of Anti-bacterial Serum.||en
|dc.publisher||The University of Edinburgh||en
|dc.relation.ispartof||Annexe Thesis Digitisation Project 2019 Block 22||en
|dc.title||Some observations on the therapeutic value of antibacterial serum in the treatment of the severe type of diphtheria||en
|dc.type||Thesis or Dissertation||en
|dc.type.qualificationname||MD Doctor of Medicine||en